Airborg Simulation and Fleet Management System
The Top Flight Technologies’ Simulation Environment and Fleet Management System is a full-life cycle product set for UAV autonomous mission development and testing, and remote fleet operations and mission data repository. The system addresses the following key processes, roles, and responsibilities:
- High-fidelity UAV physics and environmental models for accurate vehicle performance and mission operation.
- Robust autonomous missions planning development (primary mission and contingency actions).
- Testing of autonomous missions including onboard sensor field-of-view.
- Simultaneous operation of multiple UAVs in real and simulated environments.
- Real-time flight data monitoring and post mission analysis.
- Fleet management data analytics dashboard for detailed analysis of fleet operations.
Top Flight Simulation Environment
This platform enables UAV operators and safety learn the essentials of operating UAVs in current and future operating environments.Key Features include:
- UAV operators develop and test autonomous missions using actual hardware, software, and avionics systems used on real UAV.
- Simultaneous simulation of multiple UAVs in high-fidelity photo-realistic environments teach operators and safety pilots how to safely operate in real-world highly congested settings.
- Real-world location models of infrastructure, terrain, and dynamic weather conditions.
- UAV models are developed using as-built physical and aerodynamic properties of flight vehicles to replicate realistic flight characteristics. Test software and hardware changes prior to operating a real vehicle.
Top Flight Technologies® Fleet Management System
The Fleet Management System (FMS) is designed for fleet-operator businesses, providing them the tools for easy setup, operation, and remote monitoring of UAV fleets operating simultaneously over diverse locations. Top Flight’s FMS allows business units to focus on operations, rather than the details of piloting individual UAVs. Key Features include:
- Allows one operator to remotely manage multiple UAVs simultaneously from a remote location. Fewer operators reduces your cost of training and operation.
- Mission interface to develope verified and validated missions and flight routes accessible to fleet managers. Emphasis on safety, reliability, accuracy, and reapeatability.
- Review post-flight data and mission objectives in a detailed analysis system. Maintains historical records for the entire fleet.
- Configurable dashboard interface for fleetwide statistics and operational oversight.
UAV Design Integration in Top Flight Technologies® Simulation Environment and Fleet Management System
Top Flight’s model-based design approach of characterizing any UAV used in this product allows newer versions of the Airborg or other manufacturer UAVs to be utilizied in this system. In addition, when customers are designing new UAVs, this approach accelerates the systems engineering life-cycle process by enabling continuous feedback throughout the entire design process. Key benefits include:
- Reducing Design Time and Cost
- Enabling rapid systems engineering trade studies in response to design iterations and changing requirements.
- Reducing costly hardware development iterations and costly flight testing of early prototype/subscale vehicle designs.
- Getting it Right the First Time
- Capturing errors early helps eliminate redesign in later stages of development.
- Designing and testing interfaces prior to production reduces costly integration time.
- Automating regression testing of design iterations exposes masked integration issues.
- Evaluating corner-cases that are hard to replicate on the physical system.
- Easily visualize and communicate system design and performance to engineers, management, and potential customers.
An Integrated Software Solution
The Top Flight Technologies Simulation Environment and Fleet Managment System is driven by a software stack and underlying mathematical models that engineers can continously update and that ultimately creates the functionaliyy for training simulation, mission design, fleet management, and post-flight analytics.
- Vehicle design engineers use Industry Tools (1) in conjunction with the Top Flight’s Physics-based Simulation Environment (2) to rapidly iterate a vehicle design and its flight performance.
- Pilots and operators (3) use the the Top Flight Simulation Environment (2) for training, mission-based planning, evaluation and post-flight analytics for a single mission or fleet of vehicles.
- The Top Flight Simulation Environment is continuously fine-tuned with comprehensively logged flight data (4).
Top Flight Simulation & Operating Environment